Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sojourn In Rhymes

On Thursday, we got in a car
And travelled very, very far
We started in the night at eight
And got to Pattaya extremely late

On the way the ride was long and bumpy
Making me so very grumpy
I tried to sleep but had nothing soft
And the loud music in my ears would waft

They said, “With the diet you’re not happy”
No shit. It’s 3am and I’m crabby
When we got to the hotel, I would sleep
With Hong on a twin. I wanted to weep

Next morning the hot shower was like heaven
I didn’t get out until half-past eleven
Excited that to the beach we would go
Learning of a meeting was a huge blow

I was distracted then, I do suppose
For on my finger the door I did close
Right then and there I almost cried
Then I thought: Loy Krathong! Beauty Pageant! Died.

After smashing my digit in the door
I bled and bled and bled some more
With bandages, my spirit they did not lift
Instead we went to pick up Gift

Two hours later it got some attention
“We’re going to the beach now”, they did mention
They dropped us off and left with glee
In horror I saw how dull it would be

The meeting was boring and oh so long
Mostly bitched about what in the Club was "wrong"
I met other exchange students during and after
And thought they were, (adj.) with their (adj.) laughter

A millennium later we were free
But then there was a Dinner, including me
Left early with the hosts, for no more could I endure
“This has to be more fun,” I thought, “For sure.”

Accordingly, the rest of the night was great
We roamed the lively streets until it was late
The lights, the girls, the bars, the bands…
Wild… And many people from different lands

The next day was supposed to be better
And I kept my fingers crossed for good weather
We jumped on a bus, and put baby turtles in the sand
Then we boarded a boat and left for an i-land

We planted coral and ate ice cream
In October? La! What a dream
I snorkeled and swam all afternoon
And got a sunburn way too soon

Later, we checked out and then crusaded
To the seaside, and ate while the sky faded
And then it was off to Bangkok
Arriving at a crazy o’clock

Next day we shopped and ate, and ate and shopped
At the end in the car we flopped
We dumped Gift back at college
There wasn’t air conditioning, to my knowledge

Then we turned our eyes towards our humble abode
Stopping only once: on more clothes my money I bestowed
After, I munched on grapes and laid on the seat
Feeling closely, fairly… complete.

I suppose it was a long weekend
(For Monday, asleep most of school I did spend)
But from what sucked a lot at first
A wholelotta coolness did, well, burst.

--Anchelle

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the beach sounds awesome, glad you got to travel some.....hope your finger is better.
    luv
    mom

    ReplyDelete